Using the Today's Patients Page
Technical Level: Easy
Clockwise.MD has the ability to look at patient-level information for any day (or range of days). By default, the following columns are displayed when the Today's Patients tab is opened:
Name - The first and last name of the patient.
Type - Whether the patient is walk-in, online, staff-added, transfer, or call center-added.
Status - Where the patient is in the process (Pending, Checked In, Called Back, Discharged, Removed)
Expected Callback Time + Buffer - this is the upper boundary of the wait range, e.g., if the expected callback time was 11:10 AM and the wait buffer is defined as 15 minutes, the time shown here is 11:25 AM.
Callback Time - this is the time that the patient was called back to the exam room. If the patient was called back, then staff undid that callback and later called the patient back a second time, the most recent callback time will be displayed.
Check-In Time - The most recent check-in time for the patient, e.g., for a walk-in patient who elects to stay, this is the time when they first register via the kiosk or front desk. But for online patients or walk-in patients who elect to leave-and-come-back, check-in time reflects the time that the patient acknowledges his/her presence in the clinic, either via the kiosk or at the front desk.
The following are additional data columns which can be enabled by first clicking the Select Columns button, checking the box next to the desired column, then scrolling to the bottom and clicking the Update button to preserve your change. NOTE: this column selection is session-based and the column selections are stored in a user-specific cookie for the browser in use when the configuration is made. If the user switches computers, browsers, or logs in as a different user, the previous column selection will not be visible, and the user will need to reconfigure the column selection to view the desired columns.
• ID - this is the sequential Clockwise appointment ID that is unique to each visit. It's important to use this number when contacting our Support Team with visit-related questions, so you aren't sharing PHI via email.
• Created At - This column will show the time at which the appointment was created. For walk-in patients, this time will usually match the Checkin Time
• Ready Time - This column will show the time at which the patient was marked as being ready. If the patient is marked as ready, then an undo is performed, the ready time will show the most recent time at which the patient was marked as ready.
• Provider Check-In Time - In the event the clinic is using the provider check-in option, this column will reflect the time at which the provider clicked the provider check-in button. This can be used to determine more exactly how much time the provider actually spent with the patient versus just having the time in which the patient was in the exam room.
• Discharge Time - this column will show the time at which the patient was discharged. If the patient is discharged and then an undo is performed, the discharge time will show the most recent time at which the patient was discharged.
• Removed At - this column will show the time at which the patient was removed, whether the patient was removed by a staff member or auto-removed by the system. If the patient is removed and then an undo is performed, the removed time will show the most recent time at which the patient was removed.
• E-mail - this column shows the e-mail address of the patient (if collected).
• Phone - this column shows the phone number of the patient (if collected)
• New Patient? - this column shows if the patient was identified as a new patient (vs an existing patient)(if collected).
• Quick Add? - this column shows if the patient was added as a 'quick add' (high acuity) patient.
• Texts - this column will display a Text button which, in turn, will show a message history of any/all SMS messages sent to/from the patient. This can be used to show that the patient was sent reminder messages or to identify if the patient removed himself/herself from the queue via an 'R' (remove) response.
• Reason - this column will show the visit reason
• Provider/Queue - this column will show the provider/queue.
The clinic visit can be divided into three distinct divisions:
- 1. Check-in-to-Ready
- 2. Ready-to-Callback
- 3. Callback-to-Discharge
• Registration Duration - this column will show the difference between check-in and ready (1), i.e., the time in the clinic typically used to complete registration and verify patient identity and insurance information.
• Reg to Callback Duration - this column will show the difference between ready and callback (2). It will display the most recent times for ready and callback. If an undo is used for any value, only the most recent times will be used in the calculation.
• Reg to Discharge Duration - this column will show the delta between ready and discharge, the combination of the second and third division: ready-to-callback and callback-to-discharge (2 + 3). It will display the most recent times for both ready and discharge. If an undo is used for either, only the most recent time will be used in the calculation.
• Wait Time - this column will show the amount of time a patient waited in the lobby - from checkin to callback. If an undo is uses for any value, only the most recent time will be used in the calculation.
• Visit Time - this column will show the total time for the visit, from checkin to discharge. If an undo was used for any value, only the most recent time will be used in the calculation.
• Reservation Time - this column shows the original time that the patient selected as the visit time. Initially, the Expected Callback Time + Buffer will use this time plus the buffer to calculate its value, but this time may change if/when patients are called back earlier or later than expected. However, the reservation time does not change: it continues to show the original reservation time as selected by the patient.
• Survey Score - this column shows the survey score (if collected).
• Acting User History - this column will show a button which can be used to display an audit trail for the actions taken during a visit and by which users (staff, call center, admin, or system). Note: a blank user means the patient performed this action (ex. Creating an online appointment). Additionally, an API or Integration user will appear if the action was completed in the EMR.
• Fast Ready • Not Ready • Out of Order Callback • Called After Inactivity - these four columns are used to denote whether the Clockwise system flagged this patient on one of the four metrics used by the daily performance report. For more information on these metrics, check the Reports tab for individual articles regarding each metric.
• Delay Message Sent? - this column will show if a delay message was sent to this patient. This will include both delay messages and pre-delay messages.
• Custom Fields - any custom field which you have created for the clinic can be enabled and included in the Today's Patients report.
It is sometimes desirable to export the report in a .CSV file and use some other software like Excel, Google Sheets, or Tableau to further mine your data. To do so, click the Export button, enter a date range, check/uncheck to add or remove any data elements you wish, and then click the Export to CSV button at the bottom. The application will generate the report (this may take several minutes depending on the amount of data being processed) and then offer the user the opportunity to download the information via a green Download button at the bottom. This will allow you to save the .csv file to a location on your computer for further analysis or customization. Note: to download a broad date range, your initial patient list screen does NOT need to reflect this date range and could time out if tried. Simply click "Export" and then enter the desired date range.
Should you have any comments or questions, be sure and use the links in the right side bar to contact ClockwiseMD Support.