Adding New Users
Technical Level: Easy
User management for ClockwiseMD can only be accomplished from Settings by Clockwise Users with Administrator access
Users and Security > Users
By connecting to and logging into this page with an Administrator-level account, you can create, administer, unlock, and disable users who have authorizations for your Organization.
Adding a User:
To add a user, do the following:
• Click "New User"
• Type in the user name in an e-mail syntax, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org
• Elect whether you want to force the user to change the password at first login.
• Create a password, then confirm the password
• Assign a user role. An explanation of the screens that specific user roles can access can be found under the "Roles" tab.
• select the clinic(s)/group(s) which can be accessed by this user. NOTE: your account which is being used to create the new account must already have access to the clinic(s) to which you're attempting to assign access. If you have a clinic that is not listed here, you have not been given authorization to this clinic. Please contact your Implementation Manager or another Administrator at your Organization to grant you access.
• Click the Create User button to preserve your changes
NOTE: some Clockwise administrators have reported that, after creating a new user, the new user may need to click the Forgot Password link and reset the password before being able to log in successfully. For the Forgot Password link to successfully work, the email address must be valid.
Editing a User (including resetting a password):
Once a user has been created, it can be edited by an administrator of that Organization.
Edits to User profiles can be made by clicking the "Active" tab in Users. Users are sorted alphabetically. Search for the user by email address, filter by location, or click page arrows. When you find the user, click the Edit button and don't forget to click "Update User" when you have made your edits.
•Reset a password by typing it once, then again to confirm the password
• Decide whether the user should be forced to change the password at next login (this will allow the Administrator to create a temporary password which he can send to the user, but allow the user to change the password once she logs in, making the login more secure).
• Promote or demote the user as needed for settings access by changing their User Role.
Disabling a User:
An Administrator can revoke access to a user by clicking the 'Disable' button on the far right. Disabling the user does not delete the user, but instead places it in an inactive queue found in the "Disabled" tab. Should the administrator wish to delete the user permanently, he/she can then click the trashcan icon by the user in the Disabled tab. But should the user need to be restored, the administrator can do so by clicking on the 'Restore' button.
Note: for security reasons, Clockwise cannot authorize users after Go-live. This must be done by an Administrator at the Organization.